Are you on a quest to find the best double stroller?
Our Reviews and Top Picks
Hi, I’m Mary Banks, editor in chief for getbabystrollers.com. In this section we’re going to look at the cream of the crop; the best of the best in the world of double strollers, so feel free to scroll down to the type of stroller that you feel is most applicable to your needs.
Having said that, I would urge you to read through each review because if you’re anything like me, you’ll most likely come across a few extra pros and cons on some of the models that you didn’t realize were there.
This guide is intended to simplify matters for you rather than make them more complicated, but it is best to make the most educated decision possible so let’s take a look at the top double strollers from each category.
1.Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller, Dragonfly –Best Double Stroller Overall
This best-selling double stroller is just about the best product of its kind that money can buy, and with the amount of positive user feedback it has received almost across the board, you can rest assured that you’re getting nothing but the highest-quality, longest-lasting material available.
2.Graco RoomFor2 Stand, Metropolis–Best Double Stroller for Infant and Toddler
Proving itself to be one of the market leaders yet again is Graco with this slick and stylish Stand and Ride double stroller that features a tandem seating arrangement and integrated suspension to ensure your toddler standing in the back has a sturdy platform to plant his little feet on.
3.Delta City Street Side by Side Stroller, Black–Best Double Stroller for Twins
This lightweight yet highly durable twin stroller features a side-by-side seating arrangement with a deceptively large amount of storage for such a compact model.
The Delta City Street Side by Side Stroller is a slightly cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive higher-end equivalents, but it certainly still seems to hold up to the test of time.
4.Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger –Best Double Jogging Stroller
With its aluminum and plastic frame, the Schwinn Turismo Swivel Double Jogger is ideally suited to all you parents out there who want a stroller that will stand up to a more active lifestyle.
You’ll also notice that this model includes a very secure seating and fastening arrangement so that you can confidently move around at a brisk pace without having to worry about your precious cargo coming loose.
6.Dream On Me Double Twin Stroller–Best Umbrella Double Stroller
Umbrella double strollers offer a fine balance of comfort, compactness, and convenience, and the named Dream On Me Double Twin Stroller is certainly no exception, plus its lightweight frame clocks in at just 23lbs.
7.Contours Optima Tandem Stroller – Berkeley-Best Tandem Double Stroller
Tandem strollers are well known for their streamlined design which provides single-file seating so that you can easily navigate even the narrowest of doorways and passages.
The Contours Optima Tandem Stroller provides this and a whole lot more.
What about More Expensive Strollers?
If you’re considering purchasing a more expensive stroller in the $300 – 600 price range then you will, of course, want to think about what you are actually getting for that extra money.
Sometimes you might find that for some unknown reason your child simply cannot stand a higher-end model, while they may really enjoy riding around in what we might consider being a cheap piece of junk!
Durability isn’t really a factor that you will typically need to concern yourself with when purchasing a stroller upwards of $500 because you can find models for literally half the price that will offer just as much longevity.
Below are some of the better strollers that fall into this price range.
- Baby Jogger 2018 City Select Stroller w/2nd Seat
This robust and rather stylish stroller features a tandem seating arrangement and it comes complete with a Second Seat Kit that enables you to actually use the stroller with just a single seat, so if one child wants to stay home then you’ve got the ideal option.
- Holds two children up to 45lbs in weight each
- Lightweight 8-inch front wheels with suspension offer uncompromised maneuverability while also keeping your baby or babies comfortable.
- Easily switch between single and double seating with a total of 16 different seating combinations.
- Holds two children up to 45lbs in weight each
- BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
The BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller is available in a variety of gender-neutral colors, making it the ideal choice for families who are planning to have one, two, or even three more children in the future without having to purchase a brand new model with a different color.
- Enjoy a jogging wheel format with front wheels that can be adjusted from swivel to fixed position and then back again within seconds.
- Wheel suspension ensures your little ones will be comfy all day long.
- Seats are extremely padded with full reclining options for even more comfort.
- Compatible with BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter and Snack Tray.
- Two-step folding enables you to pack up this stroller very easily.
$300 – 450
BOB Sport Utility Duallie Stroller
This is another jogger-style double stroller that is designed for all you active parents out there who want a model that is going to stand up to everyday wear and tear as well as more extreme situations like long-distance hiking on uneven ground.
- Available in a high-visibility gender-neutral orange color
- Fully adjustable suspension provides a comfortable ride even over the most formidable terrain
- Seats are extremely padded with full reclining options for even more comfort
- Two-step folding enables you to pack up this stroller very easily
- Compatible with BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter and Snack Tray
The front wheel of this model remains fixed, so you might want to pay a little extra for the Revolution SE Duallie Stroller model if you want something with slightly more enhanced maneuverability.
Britax B-Agile Double Stroller
This stylish red and black stroller features a side-by-side seating format which is just as easy to fold as many self-proclaimed compact or lightweight models, making it the ideal choice for those of you who want robustness and compactness in a single stylish unit.
- Features a bar-style handle with adjustable height to suit those of us who aren’t quite so vertically gifted (and everyone else!)
- Seats can be reclined in an unlimited number of combinations to ensure everyone is comfortable
- Robust padded 5-point harness provides security and comfort all in one
- Quickly and easily folds up for those times when you’re in a hurry
Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller
Stylish; storage-heavy; incredibly maneuverable, the Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogging Stroller features two locking swivel wheels on the front instead of the usual one to provide an amazing degree of handling comparable to similar models priced far higher.
- Individually retractable canopies let your little ones enjoy the sun or retreat to the shade for a snooze
- Features two front wheels instead of one
- Front wheels can be set to fixed or swivel position depending on the terrain
- Includes a parent tray with two cup holders
- Compatible with Baby Trend infant car seats
- Two covered storage compartments on the bottom help you to keep your children’s items separate
Things to Consider Before Buying a Double Stroller
Always keep the axiom “knowledge is power” firmly planted in your mind throughout the entire purchasing process because this is what will help you make an educated decision that you won’t regret.
First and foremost, how much or how often are you going to be using the stroller?
This is perhaps the most important question to ask yourself before making your final decision because it will help you to determine a few things, namely the type of stroller you opt for and the budget you dedicate to the purchase.
- Will you use the stroller every day or only once a week?
- Will you use it for a quick five-minute walk to the store?
- Will you use it for long walks in the park during the summer months?
Once you’ve figured out roughly how often you’ll be using the stroller, you’ll be one step closer to establishing your budget.
Another question that might help you with this is that of how long you plan to use the stroller for.
Asking yourself these kinds of questions should certainly help you to determine how frequently you will use the double stroller.
Will you only use the double stroller for the first year or so of your babies’ lives?
If so, you might want to look into a double pram as this will be more than accommodating if you do not require a seating arrangement that will allow them to sit up.
Do you plan to use a double stroller until your children can walk independently?
If so, you’ll definitely find it worthwhile spending a little more on a high-quality model that will provide greater durability and overall longevity while being adjustable enough to remain comfortable as your little ones start to become, well, not so little!
Another useful activity that will help you determine your budget is to grab a pen and paper and make a list of the features you are looking for in a double stroller.
Here are just some of the features you may or may not seek as a priority:
- Diaper Bags
- Integrated Parasols
- Toy Storage Compartments
- Rain Covers
- Food Trays
You’ll find it a lot easier to put this list together after deciding how frequently and for how long you plan on using the stroller.
A few words on Cost
One of the most obvious and important factors to consider when buying a double stroller is that of cost.
Types of Double Strollers
So there we have it, the pick of the bunch and all the information you could ever possibly need to find a double twin stroller that will give you all the features you need while also providing a decent amount of longevity.
Of course, you are always going to get what you pay for, and if you like the idea of a certain style of double stroller and want something with, say, a greater weight capacity or a more lightweight frame that won’t sacrifice durability, then you can always dedicate a larger portion of your budget to a more high-end model.
More often than not the best deals are to be found online, particularly on sites like Amazon, but if at all possible I would strongly urge you to visit some stores in your local area so that you can see the physical product for yourself before making your final purchase.
I hope this has helped you move a little closer to making your decision, or perhaps even sealing the deal and taking the plunge with what is to become your new double stroller!